Se connecter

Loisirs

Jeux

Sujet : Video Games and their impact on real life in the United States.
Sondage : Do video games make gamers more violent in real life ?
iLovVideoGames
Niveau 1
18 septembre 2021 à 16:59:13

The goal of this forum is to debate about the impact of video games in USA, please be respectful and be as open minded as you can.
Thank you.

hatevideo47
Niveau 1
18 septembre 2021 à 17:03:12

hello I think the video game with its competition can lead to aggressive behavior, because we want to overtake the other, we want to kill him, to be better than him, that can create a certain aggressiveness

iLovVideoGames
Niveau 1
18 septembre 2021 à 17:20:20

I disagree, players distinguish the real world from the video game world. Moreover, all video games are not violent.

hatevideo47
Niveau 1
18 septembre 2021 à 17:24:56

Yes it is possible but what do you think of young children who play video games? Whether violent or not, they are far too young to differentiate between the real world and games.

iLovVideoGames
Niveau 1
18 septembre 2021 à 17:32:43

I agree, young children should not play video games if they are under the required age. This is the whole point of the age limits that we see every time before buying a game, parents must be responsible and take an interest in what their children do when they play and what games they play. They should be careful with age limits and screen time. If some children play video games that are not suitable for their age, it is not the fault of the game or its developers.

hatevideo47
Niveau 1
18 septembre 2021 à 18:02:10

Even so, violent video games are too easily accessible and some are free, so if a 6 year old is not controlled by his parents he can access them. many more young children have insecure tablets which can make them aggressive or teach them violent words. If the accessibility of games was a real problem, developers would put some security in their game, but unfortunately few do.

iLovVideoGames
Niveau 1
18 septembre 2021 à 18:21:13

All digital devices offer parental controls that limit access to content unsuitable for children and it is up to parents to take these steps.

hatevideo47
Niveau 1
18 septembre 2021 à 18:39:29

I agree but some people are old enough to play violent video games but become more aggressive in the real world and can cause shootings or other violent crimes. Donald Trump raised this subject during his conference on August 5, 2019, adding that we should not glorify violence in society, especially in video games.

iLovVideoGames
Niveau 1
18 septembre 2021 à 18:50:24

Video games are not to blame, violent video games do not necessarily lead to violence, since 1990 violent acts in the USA have fallen by at least 30% while over the same period the sale of video games has exploded. Video games are an easy target for politicians trying to avoid the gun control debate.

Sujet : Video Games and their impact on real life in the United States.
   Retour haut de page
Consulter la version web de cette page